Monday, October 16, 2006

Four month checkup: before and after



Today was Emily's four month checkup. I took a picture right before we left and then when we arrived back home; getting shots is tiring! But, as Robert said, Emily takes her shots like a man. She hollered for a few seconds and then calmed right down.

Her development is great -- right on schedule; she was smiling at and flirting with her doctor! And she's still short and fat with a big head: 23 3/4 inches long (25th percentile); 14 pounds, 9 ounces (75th percentile); head circumference 42.2 cm (80th percentile).
We also got the green light to start solids! We'll have a first run at rice cereal tonight; if that goes well over the next couple of days, she gets to start on some fruits later in the week! Should be exciting, and will probably make for some interesting new items in her diapers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a trouper, I'm so proud of her. Robert and Pud ate their cereal out of the silver porringer that I gave you. Try it, I think you will like it. Good luck with the new foods...If she takes after the guys in the family, she will make quite a mess...Be sure to clean up the excess quickly, it is like library paste if it dries.lynn

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers