So, I shot all these pictures in the Av mode, which lets you fiddle with aperture. (Thanks to MckMama for the tips!) We started inside. (How is it that not even two headbands can keep Emily's hair off her face?)
Thursday, May 28, 2009
taking off the training wheels
The camera training wheels, that is. I've had my camera for 5 months now and am going to try to mess around in some settings other than the fully automatic setting. It's like I'm all growed up!
So, I shot all these pictures in the Av mode, which lets you fiddle with aperture. (Thanks to MckMama for the tips!) We started inside. (How is it that not even two headbands can keep Emily's hair off her face?).JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Then I decided we might take better pictures outside. Plus, there were bubbles involved!
Changing the aperture affects how much of your picture is in focus. In these shots, I was trying to get the blurry background effect.
So, I shot all these pictures in the Av mode, which lets you fiddle with aperture. (Thanks to MckMama for the tips!) We started inside. (How is it that not even two headbands can keep Emily's hair off her face?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I know zero about photography -- you're seriously beyond me just be using the term aperture -- that said your pictures look great to me! Love Emily's multiple headbands and the adorable matching outfits!
You are a great student. My eyes were bleeding half way through MckMama's post so good for you for reading AND comprehending. I give you a B! :-)
Seriously - these are great photos and even greater subjects!
xoxoxo
I took a free photo class when I got my Canon Rebel last December and the instructor must of said at least 300 times during the 3 hour class - NEVER EVER EVER use auto mode - he has some word for it - the green box of death or something...
Anyway ~ I almost always shoot in AV because of what he drilled into my head -
GREAT work - your pics look fantastic!
Pics look AWESOME and you aren't giving yourself enough credit!
I think the pictures are fantastic. Lots of fun with two cute girls. Love watching them grow.
They look great!! I am trying, but need to get out with the kids and practice more!!
Post a Comment