Saturday, May 30, 2009

Abby's birthday party

On Thursday, we celebrated Abby's birthday with our playgroup with a pool party at my friend Kathy's house.

The birthday girl was adorable.

And happy at the 10:30 affair, despite missing her morning nap that day.

Emily was also cute, though predictably uncooperative as a photography subject.
She showed me how birds fly.






I love her ponytail!

Something to climb on!



I suspect this isn't the first time I'll photograph Abby trying to keep up with Emily.


Dirty feet!
I tried to get a picture of my two girls and Em's buddy Liv.


I pretty much failed.
After we swam for a while (no pictures because Em's grandma and I had our hands full wrangling my two swimmers), we had lunch and cake. You can tell Abby was tired by this time. She immediately picked up the smash cake I made for her.


I don't think she was very impressed.






Bye-bye, cake.
RIP, cake.
After another quick dip in the pool to rinse the frosting off, we got dressed and headed home.
Where Abby took a three-hour nap! A fun time was had by all.
Oh, and here are Abby's 12-month stats: 30 1/2 inches long (89th percentile), 20 pounds, 12 ounces (46th percentile -- and four pounds lighter than Emily at this age), and 87th percentile in head circumference (I didn't get the measurement). She is really doing great and is such a sweet and delightful girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE her little jumper!!!

We did Ev's first b-day at 8:30 pm. Yeah, we were still learning. ;-)

elizabeth.speck said...

Emily's interpretive bird movement pictures might be new favorites! Abby's birthday dress is adorable!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers