Sunday, August 24, 2008

Playing in the backyard

The other afternoon, the girls and I went out to enjoy the (relative) cool and let Emily burn off some energy. It was a little glarey so I didn't get great pictures of Abby. Emily used to photograph so well outside when she was a baby. Maybe as it gets cooler Abby and I can try to do some more outdoor photo shoots.
Emily played on her swing
and I tried to get a couple of pictures that actually contain me for a change. One was relatively successful.
One was not.
I think it looks like Emily is dismounting the slide in this picture. I expected her to stand up and strike the Olympic gymnast dismount pose. She didn't.
After a final grimace by Abby,
we went back inside to cool off and get ready for dinner.

4 comments:

NIKKI said...

CUTE pics...love the one of ms. emily doing her dismount!

NIKKI said...

CUTE pics...love the one of ms. emily doing her dismount!

elizabeth.speck said...

Even if you didn't entirely get in the picture -- I love the one of you and Em! Scowling Abby is pretty cute too!

Anonymous said...

That grimice is so funny! Abby looks so serious in her picture.
Emily's ready for gymnastics.
Love,
Kimmee

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers