Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our burgeoning artiste

This week, Uncle D-P (or Uncle Tee Pee, if you're Emily) visited us and gave me some much needed help with Emily. (One more week until preschool starts!)

On Tuesday afternoon, we broke out the watercolors to let Emily paint in the backyard. She loved it and painted a pretty picture for Daddy to bring to work.





Yesterday, Emily decided naps are for the birds, so in desperation, I pulled the watercolors back out. This time I put her apron on her to try to protect her clothes.







After sitting in my lap spectating for a few minutes, Abby relocated to the cool kitchen table (it was HOT outside, as you can tell by Em's flushed cheeks) and smiled for her Mama.



Here's what Emily looked like at the conclusion of our painting session; she had taken her paintbrush full of blue paint to her face and said "I'm shaving."
And here are some of her masterpieces.


Finally, here's a video of the artist at work.

Shoo, Gustav!

3 comments:

elizabeth.speck said...

Ok Emily's sunglasses are AWESOME -- especially the Dora ones!

Anonymous said...

Such focus..but she does not look like a brick to me..just a 4 wheel drive gal..GP'P

Kimmee said...

Oh wow! Her observation and iquiry skills are superb! The broom does look like a large paintbrush. In addition, Emily really created some wonderful abstract art. I swear those paintings were just like the ones I saw at the Smithsonian this summer!
Did Abby girl have hiccups? I think I heard hiccups from that cutie.
You all must laugh a lot. The girls are precious and Emily is at the age where she seems like a riot. Sorry my plans to visit for Labor Day were thwarted by Gustav. Happy Birthday in advance just in case the phones don't work next week!
Thanks for the updates each day. It makes for a great day to see you guys and my students enjoyed seeing pictures of the girls! I showed them the video of "Once Upon a Time" and they loved it.

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers