Friday, June 15, 2007

Emily has a green thumb!

Several weeks ago, Emily and I planted some tomato plants. I've never grown tomatoes (or, honestly, much of anything) before. Lo and behold, this week some tomatoes reared their cute little green heads. We can't wait to have BLTs with Emily's tomatoes later on this summer!Emily's been having finger foods more and more frequently, and she's trying out a variety of foods. It's all very messy. The other night she had macaroni and cheese, grapes, and hot dog. She can't really have macaroni and cheese for any meal other than dinner because she needs a bath immediately after mac-n-cheese, as these pictures show.
"CHEESE!"
The other night, Robert was changing Emily's diaper. I walked into the kitchen and this is what I saw.
I guess he was trying to make Emily laugh by putting her pajama pants on his head. I'm not sure what Emily thought about it, but it definitely made me laugh (and run to get the camera).
Tomorrow is Emily's first birthday party! I can't believe she'll be 1 next week. Get ready for some fun birthday pictures soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danielle - planting tomatoes is definitely an indication that you have truly become a "southern" girl. All you need now is a wide, big brim straw hat!
Em's food pics are cute. Hope she has not learned how fun it is to throw the food at mommy and daddy. Her nose looks like it is almost healed.Can't wait until tomorrow.
Love ya,
Kimmee

NIKKI said...

Cute pics-- love the one of daddy with Pj's on his head!!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Bert --that's too funny! Glad you saved it for posterity :)!
-Lizzard

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers