Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The birthday party

I've gotten some birthday party pictures from Emily's grandma and her nanny. (Thanks, Lynn and Kimmie!) I also monkeyed with my camera some today and think I may have adjusted the settings so it's easier to capture moving objects (like Emily) without getting a blurry mess of a picture. We'll see.
Anyway, here is the birthday girl before all the guests arrived. We could not get her collar to stay down all day. She has no idea what she's in for in this picture! Here she is confounded by the singing of Happy Birthday.Later, once she had started to warm up a bit to the crowd, Emily helped her dad open birthday presents. She got a lot of great stuff. While Robert attempted to decipher the book her cousin Selby made for Emily, she chewed on the card her cousin Anna Kat made her.Anna Kat and Selby gave Emily the cutest dress-up outfit -- a pink "mink" stole and a tutu. Naturally, we had to put those on her immediately.
She also got a talking, singing Elmo. She loves Elmo.
On Sunday, Emily went with her grandparents out to the family farm in Clinton. Cousin Barbara Ellen took these really sweet pictures of Emily at the farm.

Finally, yesterday I turned Emily's car seat around. She and I both love her new vantage point. It's so much fun to turn around and grab her toes and giggle with her at stoplights and stuff.Tomorrow is the acutal big day. I can't believe my baby is turning one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a wonderful year. I love my girls.

Papa

Rocky Mountain Fighting Tigers said...

Holy Cow is she cute.

Anonymous said...

Emily looks mah-velous in her new pink accessories. That "touch of mink" certainly suits her. Looks like you guys had a great birthday party!
Love you,
Lizzard

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers