Monday, August 14, 2006

She's got hands! And apparently, they're tasty.

In the past few days, Emily has discovered her hands. She hasn't started looking at them a lot, but she does two things with them: punch herself in the face multiple consecutive times in a row with them and suck on them/attempt to put them all the way in her mouth.

Yum. If she would just unclench her little fists, she'd be able to get a thumb in there for ease of sucking.

Today we also had "tummy time." A book I have recommends that I put her on her stomach for two fifteen-minute sessions every day. Um, do other children Emily's age enjoy thirty-minutes of being smashed face-first into the ground? Because Emily doesn't. She can tolerate maybe five minutes of it. And she's pretty good at lifting up her head (not that I captured that in this picture), but at about three minutes she starts grunting and squinching up her legs in an apparent effort to roll herself over (nice try), and at four and a half minutes, she starts screaming, as if to say, "for the love of God, why am I face-first on this fuzzy blanket? And stop it with the shaking of the rattle. Can't you see that this sucks?"

When she wasn't being tortured with tummy time, Emily and Hannah took a minute to check each other out.

The look on Hannah's face might say, "Because of you, Mom doesn't pay any attention to me anymore. I think you'd make a good snack."

This morning we tried to get another smile on film. It's hard to get the camera to click at just the right time! But we got a couple of shots that are pretty good.

And then Emily gave her Papa a smooch.


Tomorrow she turns 8 weeks old, and Wednesday we go for our 2 month checkup. I can't wait to see how much the little porker weighs!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see what I'm missing out on during the day. Keep it up. I love my girls.

Anonymous said...

This is great! Love the pics and the commentary. Gerry

NIKKI said...

She is such a cutie!1 Love that smile.

Try the boppy for tummy time...it helps a little, but no I don't think any of them like it for 15 minutes straight!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great and the commentary hysterical! What a great way to document her growth and milestones. Keep them coming - it's so much better than reading a baby book.
PS I think that's an LSU touchdown.
Love you, Grandmother

Kirk & Matt said...

Yah, Ace does the same thing. He's fine for like five minutes and then...ANGRY BABY. Poor things are just frustrated. I did start using this little pillow thing (smaller than a boppy) that came with the gym to put across his chest and that helps. Of course Em is what, two days older than Asa? What do I know? :)

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers