Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I think she's got some Daigle genes.

Today was Emily's two-month check-up. At her two-week check-up, weighing in at 7 pounds, 12 ounces, measuring 20 inches, and having a head circumference of 36.7 centimeters, she was at about the 50th percentile in all three categories. Today, weighing in at 11 pounds, 9 ounces, measuring 22 inches, and having a head circumference of 40 centimeters, the little piggy is in the 75th percentile for weight and head circumference and the 30th percentile for height. That's right: she's short and fat with a big head. Sound familiar to anyone?

She also got her shots, and has three cute little band-aids on her legs. She's sleeping now, but will probably be fussy and grumpy some today, and may run a little fever. I was proud of the Papa for hanging in there for the shots, as I was too big of a wimp and had to step out of the room. The doctor said everything looks good -- he commented that she must get a lot of attention because she doesn't have a flat spot on the back of her head from sitting/lying around in her chair/swing all day. I felt like that was a little pat on the back for my sometimes exhausting efforts to engage her during most of her waking hours.

Assuming she cooperates, today at lunch, she and I are going to attend my first Opera Board meeting since her birth. I bet she's the first baby member of the Opera Board!

Here are a couple of pictures of Papa and Emily right before we went to the doctor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Ms Emily, like many Daigle's, needs to get on an exercise & stretching program! She & we aren't overweight, we are just too short & wide for our size!

Keep the updates coming!

Anonymous said...

You get 100% of the credit for how great she's doing; and for the rounded head as well. If and when Emily goes through a stage where she shaves her head, she'll appreciate the rounded head.

Robert

NIKKI said...

I hate those shots!!! I am also a wimp...Brian holds them while they get them and then he passes them to me to calm them down!! Mine usually do ok, but I always give them tylenol.

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers