Monday, June 22, 2009

backyard fun

Since my brother had to miss Emily's birthday party, he came up for a couple of days last week to visit me and the girls. It has been so hot that we haven't been spending a ton of time outside, but late in the afternoon, the four of us ventured out for some fun in the backyard.Abby enjoyed empty bubble containers.
And Emily's pink car.

Somebody's hair is getting pretty curly.

Somebody else's remains curly.



When Emily picked up her bat, I started shooting away. Hard to imagine something cuter than Snow White the tee-ball star.





I knew that Abby was behind me but didn't figure she could get into too much trouble in the backyard.
I was wrongish. She helped herself to a couple of unripe tomatoes from my tomato plant.

Did I wrench them from her hands and clean her up? No. I took pictures.

Lots of pictures.

Emily was not interested in tomatoes. She was, however, interested in a passing plane.
The children gassed up the car.
And I assessed the damage Abby had done to the orange tomato.


Did you know pink cars run on green tomatoes?
My child the environmentalist.

Little rascal tried to make a move on some additional green tomatoes!
(Since then, she's probably picked an additional five tomatoes. Rascal indeed.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Papa

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers