Friday, May 22, 2009

William's birthday party!

All of Emily's classmates have birthdays in May, June, July, or August, so I think birthday party season is upon us. We recently attended the first on the birthday party circuit, William's party at Chuck E. Cheese. Emily and I had a blast!

Here is Emily posing with the birthday boy.
She cut a funky rug to some of Chuck's musical stylings.
Then we checked out some of the rides and games.
We soon discovered that many of the games awarded tickets, which we could redeem for prizes!
Emily posed in this car with two of her school pals.

Next up: pizza!
(And fruit punch.)
Who is that person eating pizza? Surely not MY child: my child doesn't eat ANYTHING!

They look so grown up with their little lunch, watching the big mouse perform.
Seriously: we eat pizza now?
Having eaten pizza, we headed back out into the games, where we discovered The Spider Game. The object was to step on the lit-up spider on the ground. Emily got pretty good at it, and it was totally cute to watch.
Tickets!
Time for cake!
Em thought the cake was okay, but she looooooved the ice cream.




After ice cream: more Spider Game!

After a fun time at the party, Em helped me feed our tickets into the ticket counting machine.
We had 184! She picked out the following prizes: four tootsie pops, a comb, a necklace, and some bath fizzies. What a fun birthday party!

4 comments:

Grandma Lynn said...

I especially loved the photos of the three girls in the car. The "girls just wanna have fun!" They all must enjoy each other at school. GML

Anonymous said...

We all know she is a party girl and now there are the pics to prove it.
Love you,
Grandmother

elizabeth.speck said...

Glad to know some things don't change - I think I had my 6th birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese! So many great pics to choose from but my favorites are the ones of Emily "cutting a funky rug" to Chuck's tunes!

NIKKI said...

That spider game looks fun! I think my fav pics are definitely the ones of her dancing! TOO CUTE!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers