Friday, December 19, 2008

A Public Service Announcement

We interrupt the regularly scheduled cuteness for an important PSA from Ireland headquarters.

I just have to tell the internets about my new favorite thing: Relish meal-planning service. If you are responsible for preparing dinner for your family, you should definitely check it out. I pay a modest monthly fee to access the service, which provides me with five dinner menus and one dessert a week. Every Thursday, I get an email reminding me to plan my meals for the following week. Each week, I can choose from about 15 or so entrees (some of which are vegetarian, some of which are low-calorie, some of which are kid-friendly, simple gourmet, crock pot, etc.). I tell Relish how many people I'm cooking for (in my case, 2), and it gives me the five recipes (each dinner has an entree and a side), plus the dessert for the week (chewy cherry bars! chocolate mousse cake!), and a comprehensive, organized shopping list for the week. So I can do all my grocery shopping on the weekend (no daily trips to the grocery store!), I don't ever have to think, "what will I cook tonight?", and we're trying all kinds of new and different things. Oh, and everything's been good so far. (I think there were two or three dishes that we didn't love, but that's pretty good for more than a month of dinners!) I have only repeated two dinners since we started, and that's because they were recipes we really liked. The recipes are scaled for two people, so there are no leftovers to hassle with. None of the recipes involve more than 30 minutes of prep time. Y'all, it is awesome.

Oh, and you also have access to monthly freezer items. So that on the two days a week you don't have a planned dinner, you can pull a Relish casserole out of the freezer.

So, go check it out. That is all. Cuteness to return shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am dying to check this out. I have heard you mention it a few times, and it certainly got me curious! I need to bring it up to Alex as he acts as chef more frequently than I do. What is your avg. grocery list total? Surely for just the two, it's less than $95 a week, right?

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers