Wednesday, December 17, 2008

O Christmas tree

A few Saturdays ago, we decided to tackle a couple of major Christmas-season tasks. First, we tried to get the girls' picture taken with Santa. This is the only picture we have (and it's a funny size because I cropped myself out of it). I didn't think Emily was going to hate Santa as much as she did last year, but she did. Oh, well. Then we went to a Christmas-tree farm to get our tree. Before heading out with the saw, we fed some goats.Then Emily posed as a snow-girl.
We picked out what we thought was the perfect tree and Robert sawed it down while Emily supervised.
Emily shook hands with an elf. And we loaded up the tree and kids and headed back to the car.



Hmm, looks kinda big, doesn't it?

Robert strapped it to the car for the ride home.

When we got home, we realized it was WAY TOO BIG. It didn't look big out at the farm with all the other huge trees, but it is quite imposing in our dining room. (Lucky for us, the room is otherwise basically unfurnished so there's plenty of room for our monster tree.)
And while we're in the Christmas spirit, here's our decorated house.
If only all the presents were purchased and wrapped . . . .

5 comments:

Kate said...

That is a HUGE tree, but it is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your house is so cute! And I love your giant tree!

I think the crying-kids Santa pix are THE BEST. And y'know, who could blame the young'uns?! Ev wouldn't go NEAR Santa 'til he was like 6 I think.

Anonymous said...

The picture with Emily as the snowgirl is too cute!! It looks like her head is stuck there permenately :) I love it!! Both of your girls are precious!

Lauren Danos Manuel said...

I love how you went to the tree farm to get a tree. The photo of the girls with santa - priceless - the tears! The large tree looks beautiful.
Merry Christmas!

darcie said...

OMG - the pic with Santa...I LOVE IT!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers