Saturday, May 24, 2008

Abby's debut

We've been home for about 24 hours after getting an early release from the hospital yesterday. We were expecting to have to stay three nights after my section, but everything was going well so we got to come home a day early, which was a real treat. So, here are the long-awaited pictures from Abby's first few days.

She came into the world hollering: Abby started crying as soon as her head hit the air of the operating room, even before she was all the way out of Mommy.

When I had Emily, I started feeling pretty bad after they got her out and I was sedated. This time, I got to stay awake for the whole thing so we have this neat first picture of the family.
Here's Abby telling her grandparents what she thinks about life in the outside world. Daddoo has the fun job -- he got to introduce Abby to her waiting relatives.
This is probably one of the first times I got to hold Abby.
You can't tell what I'm doing, but I took the first opportunity to work on Abby's nails -- she scratched her face quite a few times on Wednesday and her nails still need some work.

Once we got moved to our post-partem room, Emily got to visit. It was so great to see her!
And she looooooves her little sister.
She especially loves to lay kisses on her.


On Friday, we got to take some beauty shots of Abby after she got her hair "did" in the nursery. (As far as her dad and I are concerned, the jury's still out on the bow glued to her head.)


As for how things are going, so far Abby is a really good sleeper. She mostly sleeps in between feedings, which is fine by us. I am recovering really well from the surgery. If you know me well, you know that one of the hardest things is forcing myself to take it easy, particularly given that I feel so good. But I'm trying to lay low and enjoy the rest while we've got a bunch of help with Emily and the house -- we're grateful that Robert's mom has stayed with Emily this week, and that the month of round the clock help continues tomorrow with my parents' arrival.

5 comments:

NIKKI said...

ohhh she is soooo beautiful! Congratulations Emily on being a GREAT big sister!!
The pics of her kissing Abby are way tooo cute!!
Take it easy while you can!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful . . . like a little porcelain doll. I'm glad you're all doing well. Congratulations1

Anonymous said...

I swear in that next to last picture, she's smiling. Amazing. Clearly, she's a genius child way ahead of the standard baby development curve.

So glad that everything went well, and that you're all home and getting some rest.

Amanda said...

She is beautiful!!! Congrats!

elizabeth.speck said...

What fantastic pictures of your beautiful family. I love the ones of Abby and Emily! Hope you'll continue to have a smooth recovery!
Love you,
Lizzard

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers