This morning was Emily's well baby check-up. Everything looks good. She weighed in at 24 lbs., 12 oz. (95th percentile), measured 29 1/2 inches (75th percentile -- she's growing into her tummy!), and still has a huge head -- 48 1/2 cm (off the chart). She's walking great for her age and her "perceptive communication" skills -- she hears stuff and understands what you mean, follows simple commands, etc. -- are good. The one small concern is that she's not trying to communicate back in words -- she's a pointer and grunter and we figure out what she wants without her having to tell us. So we're going to have to encourage her to use words and try to start talking some, which should be interesting.
Last night, I stole a page from
Jennifer Walker's playbook and gave Emily a V8 Splash popsicle for dessert after she ate some chicken and soybeans for dinner. She only had a few licks but seemed to enjoy her first popsicle. (Oh, and if you can see that her right eye looks red and puffy, it's because she got a mosquito bite just outside of the eye and it puffed up like a shiner! My poor baby is mosquito bait!)




4 comments:
She is SUCH a doll!
I love her big smile. I am not sure if you have tried sign language with her at all, but it does wonders for communication. There are several good DVD's out there!
I was going to tell you the same thing. There are a TON of DVD's and you also can call me and I can tell you how to do the sign over the phone. (I was a deaf ed teacher)Hearing Kiddos that learn sign usually start communicating by talking soon after! Especially once they realize that they get a response from using signs and words. If you need any help call me!!!
I have no advice to give ... but I can gush :) .. she's so cute with the popsicle and is getting quite a little head of hair :)!
-Lizzard
Post a Comment