Saturday, May 26, 2007

Swim time!

Our country club's pool opened today, and we were there the minute it opened for Emily's first time swimming. We had an absolute blast, and she seems to really love to swim. Guess where she and I will be almost every morning this summer?

Before we left, we took a picture of Emily in her bathing suit. Robert and I both almost died from the cuteness.
When we got there, we hit the baby pool first. Emily looooooved it; all she wanted to do was march around in the pool. Her balance still isn't fantastic walking, and add the water around her thighs and she kept getting knocked over but it didn't bother her at all; she just got back up and kept walking.

Robert took a couple of little videos of us in the baby pool.





She kept wanting to drink the water that was on her face; hence, the tongue in this picture.
She loved to splash, and that's a word she knows because I (foolishly?) encourage much splashing in her baths. We moved to the big pool and let Daddy try out our Mommy and Me flotation device.

Then we let Emily get out of that and "swim" around in the big pool with me. She really did put her legs out behind her and kick; must be instinctual.
When all the swimming was done, Emily and her Papa did a little walking around, watching other kids swimming.

We had so much fun today we think we'll probably go back tomorrow afternoon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"her pinkness" strikes again. her Great GM Katty would be thrilled with the way she is taking to the water.. the Foote's and the Ireland's all had to go to Hattiesburg to learn to swim in the old USM pool. GPP

NIKKI said...

Oh Emily you are such a precious cutie in that swimsuit!! I almost died at how cute she was!!!!!

Looks like you have a fish on your hands. Ours are the same way. This year they are WILD in the pool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily is definitely pretty in pink! Looks like you all are having a great start to your summer!
-Lizzard

Anonymous said...

SO cute!! I love that swimsuit too.

That's one thing I miss about the South - swimming pools!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers