Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Finger-licking good

I've been trying to get Emily to eat different kinds of finger foods. She still prefers to be fed baby food, which is a much more efficient way to feed her, but she'll mess around a little with some finger foods. Here's what I gave her for lunch the other day: some macaroni, cooked carrots, and grapes. (Don't worry; it looks like a ton but she hardly ate any of it.)

Last weekend, Robert hung some new blinds in our living and dining rooms. Emily tried to help.

Here are a couple of pictures of Emily doing her best Al Bundy (laid back, with, one presumes, her mind on her money and her money on her mind) the other day at the park. I guess she was watching some other kids play.

And here she is that same day using her walker to support herself so she can get a better look at the TV. Robert would probably say that makes her her mother's daughter.We think she's getting close to walking unassisted; she'll let go of whatever she's holding on to and take a couple of stumbling-forward steps to the next piece of furniture or me or the dog or a pillow on the floor.


She's also showing some interest in playing with her ball. Here's a little movie of her and her papa playing together.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we have a world class athelete in our midst? I'm sure Em was a great help with the blind hanging!!

Anonymous said...

Her dexterity for a near 11 month old is quite extraordinary. Sign her up for some tot sports in the next few years. Em has awesome hand and eye coordination.
Love ya,
Nanny

Anonymous said...

Somehow when I see her standing below Bert in that first picture I realize just how tiny she is! Love the Emily "Al Bundy" pics too!
-Lizzard

NIKKI said...

She is so cute in that swing. She is ADORABLE playing with daddy. It's something about girls playin with their daddy that always melts my heart!!

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain about the finger food transition...it stinks! Chase pratcially pukes up anything that isn't baby food. This is going to be a lot tougher than I thought :-)

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers