Sunday, November 12, 2006

New fascinations

Emily has become totally fascinated with drinking from a cup; if you're holding her and you take a sip of something, she reaches for your cup. And she'll take a few sips of water from a cup.
She's not great at the sipping part -- water always dribbles down her chin -- but I'm encouraged that it may not be hard to transition her to a sippy cup from the bottle.

Emily's other new fascination is Hannah; she is totally obsessed with the dog. In fact, I'd say Hannah is Emily's favorite toy. Emily, on the other hand, is not Hannah's favorite toy. I have to hold Em up with one hand and pet Hannah with the other just to keep Hannah close enough to Emily for her to reach. And if Hannah steps out of Emily-petting-range, Emily will start to whine and moan at Hannah. It's pretty funny; we'll try to get some video of it this week.

This weekend we really mixed things up: we played Scrabble while watching football. Such a rocking social life. Here's the board from one of the games last night, which contains a non-word that I didn't challenge because I was kicking Robert's butt by such a large margin that I didn't think I had to. Naturally, he came from behind and beat me. According to my math, we're all square at two games apiece as of right now.

Here's a picture of Emily doing her favorite thing when I'm trying to burp her: NOT BURP! She gets totally distracted and tries to climb up my chest like I'm a rock wall or something. Here she's flirting with her Papa in lieu of burping.

This was the first of two outfits we tried for the Christmas card picture. I thought this was cute because it's wintery and festive with the red and white. But I ultimately decided that it wasn't feminine enough (I'm pretty sure it's unisex) and that Emily just looks so much sweeter in pastels. So we went with the other outfit, but this sweater is definitely what Emily is going to bring to Tuscaloosa next weekend for the Auburn-Alabama game.
Finally, here's a short video of Emily in her new jumper. She doesn't so much jump as she does sort of march, one foot at a time, but I think she likes it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny about Emily not being Hannah's favorite toy! Love the jumper -- so many cool baby toys! Your blog has made it easier for me to converse with people with new babies -- I just ask whether they have a exersaucer and they always do!
-Lizzard

Anonymous said...

I love this blog. This is some really funny and clever stuff. Love the jumper video! Poor Hannah. Maybe we should take her to our place for a vacation with Army & Ms. Pebbles - then again - maybe that would be worse! Then what would Emily do? I agree with nixing the sweater for the picture - verticle stripes - not a good idea for the current very heathy physique!!
Love you, Mom

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers