Tuesday, Emily and I fulfilled our civic duties and voted. We are looking forward to seeing the checks-and-balances system in action now that the Dems control Congress. Emily likes Social Studies.
On Wednesday, she and I ran a very important Christmas-present-related errand. That's all I can say about that. Then Wednesday night she played with her Papa so I could attend my book club, which was a lot of fun.
Here's a picture of Emily watching Sesame Street so I can take a bath and get ready for the day. This is part of our daily ritual.
We've been trying to get the Christmas card picture of Emily but have so far failed. Hopefully we can get a good one tomorrow so I can get the cards ordered; sending out Christmas cards has taken on a whole new significance now that we've got a sweet baby to show off (and especially since I dropped the ball and didn't manage to send out birth announcements). Here's a rejected potential Christmas card picture.
We continue to monkey with Emily's diet -- it's hard to get it all figured out! So far she's loved every baby food we've fed her, and that's going well, although slowly -- I wonder if we'll have even tried all the Stage One foods before her six month check up. But we've had problems with cereal. Rice sort of, um, backed things up, so we switched to barley, which seemed to go better, only we think it made her spit up a lot more. So we're giving cereal a break for a few days and will try oatmeal next. In the meantime, she loves her bananas and prunes. The thing about prunes is that they have exponentially increased the amount of Oxy Clean I have to use; Em manages to get prune-colored spit-up on several outfits a day! So this is what the kitchen sink looks like most days.


2 comments:
Emily's "rejected" picture is adorable!
I also think her rejected picture is precious.
That's the whole reason I haven't posted anything in forever. I have taken so many people's christmas card pictures I have hardly seen my kids in three days. I did get my christmas cards ordered this week!!! I decided I better take care of my own too!!!
Post a Comment