Thursday, October 05, 2006

Recent happenings

I don't really have much to report. I'm trying to get Emily on a better sleep schedule; she sleeps 8 hours a night most nights, it's just the wrong 8 hours -- usually from about 8 to 4. And then she either doesn't nap or takes little catnaps only during the day, making it nearly impossible for me to get any work done. So today Emily and I got up at 4 and were up for a couple of hours before we both fell back asleep (whoops; falling back to sleep was not part of the plan). She took a morning nap from 10 to 12ish, and is now taking an afternoon nap! If we can keep her up until 10 tonight, and she sleeps until 6 tomorrow and then takes two naps during which I can work, it will be huge.

In an effort to make all of this attempted scheduling pan out, we're trying to develop an evening routine: bath, book, bedtime snack, rocking to sleep. As you can see, she still loves bathtime. (Nice job editing out her female parts, eh?)

Papa is a really good book reader.Emily got a visit from her Tuscaloosa grandparents this week. Here she is watching TV with her Grandpa Pud.

She seems to have his ears.

3 comments:

Kirk & Matt said...

Yay! More pics. I can't get enough of that little cutie. Thanks, too, for the "modesty leaf!" hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Danielle. I can't imagine trying to work and take care of someone else at the same time .... goodness knows I have enough trouble just taking care of myself ..
-Lizzard

NIKKI said...

just an idea--- let her take a late nap...then wake her up to do a late bedtime routine 9-10.....(bath etc. that you are doing.) Then slowly move it up once she starts sleeping more hours at night. I did this and got mine to sleep 7-7....that's when life becomes awesome again..email me if you want to chat about it!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers