Today, Emily got to have a "bonus" doctor's visit. Robert and I both woke up with stuffy noses and Emily was doing some more coughing and sneezing than usual, so I called the doctor and got her an appointment. The doc noted that Emily was turning into a little "butterball"; she weighs 12 lbs. 12 ozs. now, which is more than a pound of weight gain in less than a month. (I'm always glad to hear that her weight is good because the one thing about breastfeeding is that I never have any idea how much she's actually eating!) He also said that she looks great, but could be coming down with a little cold. Hopefully it won't be bad for any of us. Oh, and after our next visit at four months, we get to start solid foods. So then she'll
really be a butterball!
Last night, I finally got Em to grab ahold of the lightweight rattle I've been shaking at her for like a month. Her hands are not only tasty, they're also functional!




It's also safe to say that she's reached the "spontaneous smiling" milestone (
i.e., she doesn't just smile in response to our smiles): today while I was driving I looked in the rearview mirror (we have one of those mirrors set up on the backseat so that I can see her reflection even though she's turned around) and I caught her smiling at the little bear that hangs from the handle of her carseat. They were just playing together! It was too cute!
4 comments:
Shake, Rattle & Roll (not Tide, Geaux Tigers 45-3 two weeks in a row!)
Can't wait to see all of her new tricks in person SOON!
Love,
Mom
She is beautiful!!
AWW I hope she is feeling better...colds are miserable!
Love the rattle. It's so great finally getting to see them interact!
Post a Comment