Sunday, August 23, 2009

Are you sitting down?

No? Well, you might want to sit down in preparation for the cuteness to follow. For Monday was Emily's first day of PK3, and she looked damn cute in her uniform. Thank goodness, the jumper is twirly enough to meet Emily's exacting standards.


HOW DID I GET SUCH A BIG GIRL???



And here she is before being dropped off in carpool line on that first day.


When I picked her up, she hollered, MOM, I HAD SUCH A BIG TIME AT SCHOOL. Then she hopped in, I handed her juice, and I pressed record on the Flip. Video quality is crappy because I was driving, but allow yourselves to be flies on the wall for the first day de-brief.
(HELLO, southern accent!)
As you may have heard, she didn't learn any of her buddies' names. I encouraged her to introduce herself to someone at the second day. We rehearsed the conversation.
STAY TUNED to see what happened!
It is so fun and exciting to start this journey with Em. Her school goes PK3 to 12th grade, so some of the little buddies in her class this morning might be her best friends for life; maybe her prom date ate cheese pizza next to her on this first day. It's fun to imagine the possibilities!

4 comments:

Lauren Danos Manuel said...

big dan, yest and today's videos are not showing...i am anxious to see them! she looked adorable - i love uniforms!

Grandma Lynn said...

I still cannot believe that she liked naptime the best. Who knew that was even possible. I adored her practice session in the tub. Who could resist such a charming intruduction? Love ya'll, GML

Molly said...

Apparently, they do not give her anything to drink at school, she's sucking down that juice like there's no tomorrow!!

She's adorable, and the hair twirling is so cute, though I know what a pain it can be!!

Gina said...

She is adorable, and obviously had a great day! I LOVE IT!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers