Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Here's something you don't see every day:

SNOW IN MISSISSIPPI!

We rang in the month of March by waking up to snow on the ground. Naturally, Emily and I bundled up to go play and try to build our very first snowman. Robert took these through the back door, so they're fuzzy, but Em had just thrown a snowball at me and was pretty tickled.


Here's Emily watching her dad build the snowman. (I was a no good snowman builder.)

I took pictures of a bunch of stuff in the yard. I can't believe there was enough snow for it to actually stick. (Please recall that I live within driving distance of the Gulf of Mexico!)

Our snowman!
Em putting the finishing touches on.


I don't think I ever thought her galoshes would be snow boots.
Abby supervised the fun from the warmth of the indoors.
I took pictures of the snowman as the day went on and he slowly melted away.



So, the snow was fun, but I'm glad we don't have to live with it very often.

1 comment:

darcie said...

AWESOME!

Love your snowman melting away action! Too cute! For sure be glad you don't have to live with it very often - the novelty wears off rather quickly - but it is fun sometimes!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers