Thursday, February 19, 2009

Storytime!

The girls and I always have a great time at Storytime on Wednesday afternoons.

Before Storytime begins, the librarian rolls this huge purple ball to each child in turn. The kids roll the ball back to Miss Lizzie, announcing their name when they do so. Emily loves to roll or throw or kick the ball back and yell, "EMILY!" She also shouts Abby's name for her.
This past week, Em's friend Mae, who we haven't seen in a while was at the library. Emily was apparently enthralled with Mae's hair.



I love these shots of the girls looking at Miss Lizzie.

Emily always participates in the stories.

After the stories are all told, the kids usually have a parade. Abby shook an egg and watched

while Emily got her groove on.


Oh, no! The egg fell!
Reeeeach . . .

got it . . .
yum.
There's always a fun craft at the end of Storytime. This week, Em made a beautiful valentine for her Daddy and me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing them at storytime. No wonder you make sure to get them there every week. Thursday is storytime at the library here, I already checked. GML

Molly said...

lovin' em's shoes!!

elizabeth.speck said...

I see Emily has yet another pair of fun shoes!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers