Our first stop was the petting zoo, where Emily chatted with some goats.
Dad bought a bag of carrots,
and doled them out to Emily,
who loved feeding the goats.



She really spread the love. After spending some time debating whether to go down the Big Slide, we decided to break for lunch (the part Robert and I had been looking forward to). By this time, Abby was snoozing.
Emily enjoyed some hot dog while her dad and I pigged out on some tasty fair food.


(Robert loves this next picture. I think it looks a little like a mug shot.)
Then Emily agreed that she wanted to go down the slide. Three-quarters of the way up the stairs, I realized I am afraid of heights. This is a REALLY BIG SLIDE, people.
But I grinned and bore it.
(Robert couldn't get a shot of us going down the slide. Our shutter speed leaves something to be desired, apparently.) Em wanted to go again, and I couldn't handle it. (Not only was the slide high, but it was FAST. Seriously: I was a little freaked out.) So Robert took Emily this time.
I managed to get one shot of them coming down the slide. Here it is as I took it, so you can sort of get a sense for how high up they were.
And here's the close-up. Who looks more scared?








4 comments:
Such a great day for the Ireland family. Thanks for sharing these great pictures. The girls are so beautiful!
700 billion, eh?
got bailout on the brain??
great pics!
:) Nat
You are so, so brave for going down that slide. Wow.
The fair comes here soon. Can't wait!
Ummm that slide looks SCARY -- Brian would have had to do that twice! :)
Love the pics of her feeding and petting all the animals!
Post a Comment