Friday, May 16, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Last Saturday, we took Emily on her first actual fishing expedition. She had a great time and came home tired and filthy, as all good fishermen probably should.





You can see that she particularly enjoyed standing in puddles.

Although Em didn't catch any fish herself, her Daddoo did, so she got to check them out. She was intruiged.

Y'all, check out these curls.




On Sunday, Robert got confirmed and I got received into the Episcopal church. We've been attending classes for this since January and it was a special day for our family. Not that Emily saw fit to commemorate the day by smiling in any of the pictures.

Then Sunday afternoon we went to the pond in our neighborhood and fed the ducks. (Actually, the ducks weren't terribly interested in our bread -- they must've been full.)

"Emily, where are the ducks?"


Robert caught me unaware and shot this charming pregnant picture,

then he convinced me to smile for one.

Emily particularly liked looking at the turtles with her Daddoo.

Since I'm having the baby on Wednesday, you can probably count on this being the last blog post until at least after the baby's born. I'll try to get some vital stats and pictures of her up as soon as possible, but it may be next weekend before I'm able to accomplish that. In the meantime, keep us all in your thoughts and prayers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bunch of pictures! I especially love the first one and the ones with the puddles! Like father like daughter. I will look for pictures of Robert in a puddle. Looks like ya'll had a great day. GML

NIKKI said...

YOu will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Love the curls!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pics of Ms. Abigail...you look GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys! Prayers for a good delivery this week. We are excite to receive another family member! Em is just as cute as she can be.

Love, Nanny

odomfamilyfun said...

love her curls...they are so sweet. We'll be thinking of you all on Wed and in the next few weeks of adjustment! Hope all goes well.
Love,
Brittany (Troy & kids, too)

Lori said...

Wishing you the best during this next week. I can't wait until your next post.
Love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady, although I'll bet your about ready to be done with it! Definitely keeping you guys in my thoughts & prayers this week.

Love those curls, she's so pretty.

elizabeth.speck said...

Look at you with your pregnancy glow! I LOVE Miss Em's Alabama outfit! Judge Nelson would be so proud! I'll be thinking of you over the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see ya'll. Love the curls - much curlier than yours at that age. Emily is going to be a great big sister.
Love you,
Grandmother & My Gerry!

Anonymous said...

Danielle, you look AMAZING!! good luck tomorrow...you'll all be in my prayers.
love,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

I know you're busy, just wanted to drop a note to say Happy Baby Day!!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers