Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Fwimmin'!"

My parents took Emily to the neighborhood pool almost every day this week, and she has loved it!

On Friday, Abby and I went to watch the swimmer in action. She hasn't been swimming at all since last summer but she just dove right in where she left off, with no apparent apprehension at all. She is great at kicking and hates when Grandmother or Gerry try to help her too much!

The smiles she gets when she's swimming are about as big as they come!
Here are a couple of videos of Emily swimming. She appears to crash into the wall in one of them, but don't worry: no children were hurt in the making of these videos.
Here's what Abby thought about the whole experience.


She and I definitely benefitted from the fresh air -- we were exhausted last night!

5 comments:

johnaly said...

congrats danielle on little abby! she is sweet! :) alyson

Anonymous said...

Fwimmminn with Em was fun for everyone!!! GrandPaGerry

elizabeth.speck said...

The videos are so much fun! Emily's a fish! I too wish I was at the pool ...instead of at work! But these videos make work more fun :)!

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions on Baby Abby! She is beautiful! I know Emily will love having a sister to share life with.

Michele said...

Congratulations, Ireland Family. Abby is so beautiful!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers