About three weeks ago, we had a lunchtime storm that lasted about 30 minutes and did an insane amount of damage in Jackson. The number of trees that were pulled out by the roots was unbelievable -- I think the damage in Jackson was worse than the damage we sustained in Hurricane Katrina. Here are a couple of pictures of the two huge trees around the corner from our house that took our power out for three days. That's the road they've fallen completely across.
.jpg)

While the power was out, Emily and I took off for some rest, relaxation, and air conditioning in
Slidell. While there, Emily talked on the phone,

played with
Mardi Gras beads,
.jpg)
and enjoyed the scenery.
.jpg)
She actually had a really rotten stomach bug while we were there and I'm pretty sure she was naked in this picture because we were letting her poor bottom air out.
Em has really been enjoying our backyard and Hannah these days. Here's a picture of the two girls looking for birdies.
And here's one of my mullet-head in the tub the other day.
.jpg)
Well, we are moving tomorrow, so my lax attitude toward blog posting will likely continue for a while longer. But I know we'll have some great pictures of Emily playing in her new backyard soon!
3 comments:
Yeah, a post. Can't wait to see the new house and Emily's great playground equipment. Hope all goes well.
I heard from my mom about the storm in Jackson. Glad to hear that y'all are ok. Although no power for three days really stinks, I don't blame you one bit for going out of town.
The picture of her bare bottom in the window absolutely kills me. That is hilarious.
Good luck with the move! Hope it all goes smoothly and easily.
Yay for the new post :)! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house!
Love you,
Lizzard
Post a Comment