Monday, February 25, 2008

What we've been up to lately

I think I can at least partially blame my lack of posting on recent developments here at the Ireland home.Ta da! We listed our house about a week ago and are hoping to sell it soon so we can move to a slightly bigger home in time for Baby Girl 2 to arrive this summer. (If you know anyone in the market for a really great 3/2 in Jackson, email me!) Needless to say, our lives are turned a little upside down, what with the need to vacate the house (sometimes on pretty short notice) for showings. As my mom will tell you, I'm not the best housekeeper in the world, but for the past week, I've kept the house in tip top shape at all times. I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it up, though, so let's all hope that we can sell quickly!

Emily turned 20 months last week, and she is a real riot. She still loves to take colored baths; I let her choose what color her bath water will be every night. She always thinks she has bo-bos, and she likes to use this little green cup ("my green," she calls it) to rinse her many (imagined) wounds with colored water.
The other day, the weather was so nice that we went to the park. Keeping up with Emily at the park is difficult for me to do without help, and it's even more difficult now that I'm pretty pregnant, but she has so much fun that it's worth it.

She wanted to sit on the big girl swing. I let go to take this picture for just a second, in case you were concerned about my apparent lack of safety precautions. She holds on pretty tight to the "ropes," as she calls them. (Mom and Dad, does this picture remind you of me as a kid? For some reason this picture looks like a little Danielle to me.)
Her hair is pretty crazy these days. She's not ready for her first haircut, I don't think, but she's not sporting much in the way of an actual style. Oh, well. I took this little picture of her curls in the back the other day. Those ringlets on the bottom are pretty awesome; you can watch them boing-boing-boing when she runs and jumps.

Tomorrow I have my 26-week checkup, and apparently we're going to choose Baby Girl 2's birthday (i.e., schedule my C-section). So then the planner in me can start panicking with an acutal date in mind.

6 comments:

NIKKI said...

That is AWESOME! Hope you sell the house FAST!!! LOVE her curls!!!!! We need to see a pic of you and your cute belly!

Michele said...

So what's the date?????

elizabeth.speck said...

Wow--that's a lot of excitement for you in the Ireland household! Emily's curls are so precious!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house. Hope you guys find a buyer really fast. (And fingers crossed that we do too!)

Those curls are insane. Love them!

Jennifer Walker said...

Good luck selling your house. It's adorable! It reminds me so much of the style of houses in our Mobile neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I hope your house sells quickly.

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers