Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas!

This year was the first year Robert and I have hosted our families for Christmas. Because Emily's grandpa was on call starting on Christmas Eve, we made 12/23 Christmas Eve at our house so that all her grandparents could see her enjoy "Christmas morning." But first, Emily and I took her grandparents to the park. It was five adults on one crazy 18 month old, and we could barely keep up!


Here's all the stuff Santa brought Emily. She just loved everything!


Here she is coloring on her chalkboard. We've since removed the legs so that the easel is Emily-height.
She loves playing with her baby, which is good preparation for when her little sister arrives this summer!

Here are a ton of pictures of Emily playing with her tea set after church on 12/24.






She knocks back her pretend cups of tea like they're shots of tequila.




Then, on Christmas day, my brother, aunt, uncle, cousin, and cousin-in-law joined us for Christmas day, part two, complete with leftovers.
David-Paul hit a homerun on his gift for Emily. Here she is enjoying it.



Finally, I haven't yet posted a picture of our 2007 Christmas tree. Let's just say that we Emily-proofed it after only a few short hours of it being decorated like a normal tree.
I have a video of Emily coming out to see what Santa left her that I'll post later. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

odomfamilyfun said...

Our tree looked exactly the same way! It was hilarious to see visitors faces when they would walk in...you have to do what works! Those pictures are darling!

elizabeth.speck said...

What wonderful Christmas pictures! Love Emily and her shots of tea! :)!
Your #1 Blog Fan,
Lizzard

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers