Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thanksgiving

I realize that Thanksgiving was two weeks ago, but I'm still catching up on posting pictures. Things are finally starting to settle down around here -- I finished grading my 24 10-page papers yesterday -- so hopefully I really will catch up on posting pictures (and also, you know, get ready for Christmas) before 2008.

We went to Tuscaloosa for Thanksgiving with Robert's mom's family. It was crazy! There were something like 30 people there, so needless to say, we were too busy trying to keep up with Emily in the crowd to take many pictures. Here she is before the day started. Judging by the look of trepidation on her face, you might think she knew what she was in for. She looked really cute in her brown cordoroy jumper.

Grandma had a bowl of little gourds out. Emily thought they were cute.
On Friday, Robert and I left Emily with her grandparents to enjoy a day in Birmingham, which is where we met, dated, and got engaged before moving to Jackson. We did a little Christmas shopping, ate at some of our favorite places, and had a great time. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for letting us have the day and night off.
Saturday, before we headed back to Jackson, Emily showed us how she could feed her grandpa slices of orange.
Then she got bundled up for some outdoor running.I love how she really gets her arms into running.

This past weekend, Emily learned how to tentatively gallop. We will try to get some footage of her galloping soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big BLUE! Great to see those Great Big Blue Eyes! And those arms move more & faster than her legs while running!!

Anonymous said...

You can tell from the photos on Thanksgiving that Em was not feeling very well. What a trooper she is. GML

elizabeth.speck said...

I love the jumper! Hope you guys had a great time in the 'Ham and ate at one of your many favorite Mexican places!
Cheers,
Lizzard

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers