Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A quick update

You would think that with Emily in MMO two mornings a week, I'd have all this time on my hands to give you frequent Emily updates.

You'd be wrong. I'm not sure where the time goes -- running errands, grading papers, doing stuff around the house -- but I just haven't found the time to sit down and update. So, here one is. Last week, Emily had her 15-month checkup. She weighed in at 26 lbs. 4 oz. (90th percentile); measured 32" tall (90th percentile! This is a huge growth spurt since 12 months), and her head circumference was, once again, off the charts at 49 cm.

This weekend, we went to watch the (disasterous) Alabama game on TV with the Purvises. All three of us had fun cooing over new baby Jack, but Emily had the most fun playing with Cate.



We took the opportunity to have Alex take a family portrait - it's hard to get all three of us in a picture these days! This weekend, I also got a new cellphone (awesome!). It has a pretty good camera on it, so here's a shot I snapped at a stoplight yesterday.
Speaking of yesterday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA GERRY! We are looking forward to seeing y'all later this month!

Finally, here's a video I took of Emily the other day. I was trying to capture her new trick -- walking on her tiptoes -- but what the video really shows is how hard it is to take pictures or videos of her. She is constantly interested in the equipment or the picture-taker. Oh, well.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been so hungry for an update. I was so cute. I can't get over what a big girl Em is. She definitely has grown into her tummy. When Robert started walking, he started on his tiptoes, not the other way around. Interesting. I know you love your new Iphone. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Any dining requests? GML

elizabeth.speck said...

Yay for the Emily update. Emily has a big head to make room for her giant brain :)! Very cool about the I-phone!
Cheers,
Lizzard

NIKKI said...

I was going to say...babies with big heads are smart kids!! :)

Cute video!!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers