Friday, October 12, 2007

Quick tubes report

Emily did wonderfully this morning. We were able to keep her up a little later than usual last night so that she wouldn't wake up at her usual time of 6:15ish and have to be awake and denied food and beverage for 45 minutes before it was time to leave. And it worked! We woke her up right before we had to leave, and she was in really good spirits, all things considered. She didn't fuss when I handed her to the nurse. The procedure was over really quickly, and our doc told us that she had quite a bit of fluid in her ears, so we should expect a real difference in her hearing. Being with her in the recovery room was hard because she seemed a little confused and miserable, but we got discharged a little while ago, and we came home and got Em her usual breakfast of milk and yogart. She's now eating her second breakfast -- a biscuit -- and watching a Baby Einstein video with her Papa. I'm pretty sure they're dancing even as we speak. So, all in all, it was a relatively easy morning, and we're hopeful it will really make a difference for our little baby's hearing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good little trouper she is. We love you all so much. GML

NIKKI said...

AWW I know that had to be tough for you mom and dad!
I am sure it will make a huge difference. Don't be suprised if very loud noises like the vaccuum scares her at first!

Glad it went so well!

elizabeth.speck said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well! I have been thinking of you all and it's great to get the update.

Lizzard

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor baby. (And poor you, I imagine it was probably far more stressful for the parents than it was for Emily.) I really hope it helps with hearing, speech and all of it.

Michele said...

That's great she did so well. It took Chase 3 1/2 hours to come off the medicine. You will certainly enjoy what a chatterbox she will become now that she has tubes :-)

Kirk & Matt said...

I'm so glad everything went well for little Em. Can't wait for your next report.

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well and she is doing fine. I thought about you guys all day! Much love - Nanny

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers