Thursday, September 13, 2007

An overdue update

Since it's been a million years since I posted, I figured I'd make up for it by posting a million pictures! Emily has now been to school four days. And the dropping off situation has deteriorated. I think the first day, she didn't realize I was leaving without her so she was cool with a stranger getting her out of the car. Now she knows. It's really hard to pull off when she is screaming crying, but I know that she has fun with her buddies and her teacher once she settles down, so I've been trying to just shake it off and enjoy my time. Here she is before her second day of school. She doesn't look like she's totally sure about things.Also, she has had a black eye since last you saw her. You should see the other guy. (The other guy is actually a bench.) Man does she love a juice box, though.

Sunday, I managed to get her bloomers on her, but not her dress, before she ran away from me. Robert took the liberty of taking a couple of pictures of her half-dressed.

And then we put the rest of the outfit on and went outside into our 10 inch tall grass for some pictures.



All four of her first year molars have come in, so she can do some serious damage with those teeth.
Finally, here's a little video of her and me playing around the other night after her bath. She loves to hide monkeys in her shirt. Also, the "bofa" reference is to one of our favorite books, Dr. Seuss's There's a Wocket in my Pocket, which speaks of the Bofa on the Sofa who acts as if he doesn't care. So, we call Em a bofa whenever she climbs on the sofa.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And ... drum roll ... Happy Fourth Anniversary! The beignets were a great treat this morning. I love y'all.

Robert/Papa

NIKKI said...

VERY sweet video! She is getting so big!! They just grow way to fast for me!

Her black eye is so sad! I am suprised with my two monkeys we haven't had a million of them in our house!


Love the pics in just her bloomers!

Anonymous said...

Love that monkey!! And hooray for Mama!!! GPG

Rocky Mountain Fighting Tigers said...

She is exceptional. I have enjoyed watching her. She looks like so much fun!

Kirk & Matt said...

Just give everyone an "A" and post to the blog instead! Yay!

elizabeth.speck said...

You really do have an unlimited supply of cute church outfits for Em :)! Sorry to hear about the black eye though. Hope all with your teaching continues to go well! (And happy anniversary!)
-Lizzard

gina said...

that dress, that dress! the photo of her in the dress took my breath away, she looks so beautiful.

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers