I paid $5 to park, which wouldn't have been that big of a deal had we stayed for more than 10 minutes. We had to park about 400 yards away from the field. And the walk to the field was uphill. Of course I didn't think to bring the stroller, so I had to carry 26 pounds of wiggling human 400 yards in the zillion degree heat up to the field. When we got to the field it was obvious that coming was a mistake. It was insanely hot with very little shade anywhere, and it was so crowded that there wasn't a good place to put Emily down and let her run around (I guess other than the football field, and I think some big dudes might have had an issue with me letting her run on the field). So we left after I took two crappy pictures of the runningbacks.

By the time we marched back down the hill in the zillion degree heat, we were both totally sweaty and gross. Emily gets really flushed when she gets hot so I took a couple of pictures of her guzzling her water before we pulled out of there. I don't think we'll be trying to take Emily back to Saints camp for a while.
I wanted to photograph a couple of Emily's tomatoes in a setting where you could get a sense for their size. Emily and I are regular gardeners! We had BLETs (bacon, lettuce, and Emily tomato sandwiches) for dinner tonight, and they were delish!
Um, Emily had spaghetti and hot dog. She doesn't like tomatoes yet.Happy weekend, everyone!


2 comments:
Emily is a regular farmer in the dell! Hi Ho Emily.
okay, your blog is cracking me up! love the commentary.
and Emily is getting so big and her hair is soooo pretty :)
i almost forgot how hot it was in the South until i read the training camp blurp--that was quite a field trip you had.
by the way, how many months is emily?
Post a Comment