


As usual, she loved watching the bigger kids do stuff.

She even went down the slide a couple of times after watching some bigger kids give it a go. And then she thought it would be cool to climb back up the slide. Not cool, Em, not cool.
Here's a video of the climbing. You can tell by the last couple of seconds that we had a close call because I was taping her; she's way better at climbing up than at getting down. Before we left for Chuck E. Cheese, Emily threw one of her new temper tantrums and I got a couple of pictures of her in action. She gets mad at me when I come to the computer for anything other than to let her watch movies of herself, and I checked email really quickly and didn't indulge her desire to watch the Emily Show. She was mad.


In news, the fall semester of Kindermusik starts next Wednesday, and we are really psyched about that. Then on September 4, Emily starts Mother's Morning Out two days a week. And starting later this month, I'm going to be teaching a one-hour legal writing class for first-year law students at Mississippi College, on Tuesday mornings when Em's at MMO. So, we've got lots of exciting things on the horizon in the Ireland household. Stay tuned!

6 comments:
Chuck E Cheese, Oh Boy!!! Looks like lots of fun with all the other kids for Ms. Em! But where in the world did she get a temper from??!! Looks like a very busy month for the Ireland girls!
GPG
I've seen that lower lip before. She's pretty good at it. Chucky's is a great place for climbing up and down. Lots of fun. Congratulations on your writing class! I know it will be great for you to get back to working a little bit. GML
My girls LOVE Chucky Chesse!!!! My play group is going in the fall after the BIG kids go back to school! :)
MMO! Yeah for you and Emily. She will LOVE being with all the other kids!
Congrats to you on your class!!! That should be alot of fun for you!!!
Congrats on the writing class. I am proud of you! Wow! That lower lip thing got me. I am use to Ms. Emily demonstrating good spirits and happiness. Can't imagine she threw a temper tantrum but many toddlers try their game. Good job letting her get mad - she will learn that tantrums are not acceptable. She is still so darn cute even when she flips that lower lip. Play group looks like fun! Love, Kimmy
PS - My play group starts Monday. 162 seventh and eighth graders learning science.
a writing class!!! are you ready to talk to adults not about kids..you will be great..GPP
That's so great about your class! Your students will certainly be learning from the best! I love that you took pictures of Em throwing a tantrum :)!
-Lizzard
Post a Comment