We all even wore party hats, although Emily's was on her head for only approximately 3 seconds -- just long enough for me to get a picture of her in the hat.
Then Friday afternoon, Em and I drove to Slidell and hung out with my parents for the evening. Saturday morning, we went to a petting zoo in Bush, Louisiana for the Spreens' birthday party. We had such a good time seeing all the other kids and looking at the animals. I didn't get to take very many pictures because Emily wanted me to hold her when we were close to the goats and other animals, but here she is looking at some deer.
She also had her first few bites of cupcake. I think she liked them..jpg)
She "rode" the pony, if by rode you mean sat there on him. .jpg)
We also rode the carousel, which was a lot of fun. It was great to see Nikki and some other folks I haven't seen in years and great to meet all their beautiful kiddos!After the party, we stopped at a Cracker Barrel so we could both eat lunch before heading home. As usual, Emily was a mess.
This morning, Emily took communion for the first time at church! (In the Episcopal church, kids can have communion whenever they first show an interest in doing so, and Emily won't pass up a crackery snack, so I let the priest try to give her the bread.) She thought it was yummy.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


5 comments:
I think it's so funny how she always points her finger at the camera. The picture of her in the birthday hat is so cute! Was that a special hat for babies? Or are all party hats that small?
Glad you had a good weekend!
-Lizzard
I'm so glad you guys were there and I got to meet Emily. She is BEAUTIFUL!
It was great having the two of you visit with on Friday night! It was fun showing off Ms. "Big Blue" at the Fais Do Do! GPG
She is even more amazing in person. I am glad I got to meet Miss Emily!
Getting cuter every day D! Looks like she had a great time at the Spreens' party---cupcakes AND ponies? Who could top that? I am so sad I don't live closer to everyone. :(
Post a Comment