Thursday, October 12, 2006

What did I do before the Bumbo?

The Bumbo has been really wonderful. The pictures are a little deceptive; Emily doesn't love to sit in it, mostly because she can't move her chunky legs around much (and she loves to kick those legs!), but she enjoys herself in it for ten or fifteen minutes at a time, particularly when she's being entertained. So she's pretty happy sitting in the Bumbo on the counter and watching me act silly (often involving dancing) while I unload the dishwasher, or at least happier than she was on the floor in her bouncer. Also, she looks too adorable in it. And it's one of the easiest ways for me to get cute pictures of her during the day when it's just the two of us.
This is a random picture taken last week, which I'm posting just because I thought she looked so, so cute in her little jeans. This weekend promises to be a big one for us: we're taking our first significant road-trip with Emily. Tomorrow night we're going to make what is ordinarily a three-hour drive to Tuscaloosa (it will be interesting to see how long it takes now!) to see the Alabama-Ole Miss game on Saturday. Emily will entertain her grandparents while Robert and I go to the game. It should be fun!

Then Monday is Emily's four month check-up. I can't wait to see how much she weighs and how tall she's gotten! It really is amazing that she's already almost four months old. The time has just flown by, and every minute of it has been great.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can hardly wait to see you this weekend. The weather is going to be chilly, in the 40's at night and 70's during the day. Sounds like football weather to me...Have a save journey. Lynn and Pud

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is more fun the Bumbo or the cool jeans! Wow you have posted a lot since I last took a peak. We need to get up there soon. Good luck on the journey to Tuscaloosa. Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is all too cool!!!! Love those jeans!!

NIKKI said...

LOVE the jeans!!! IT's something about a little tiny girl in jeans that is just tooo cute!!!!

Have a fun and safe trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Bumbo chairs are awesome! And she is particularly cute in her.

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers