Sunday, April 11, 2010

My first 5K

I have wanted to do the Couch to 5K program for several years. I have never, ever been a runner before and I thought the program could help me become one. Well, when we got back from Disney World and I was just a few pounds shy of my highest non-pregnant weight, I thought 2010 was the year to get 'er done.

This past weekend, after running three times a week since our return from Disney, I ran in my very first 5K! Here are a couple of pictures of me before the race.
The runners. I'm in there somewhere!
Towards the beginning of the route.

My parents and brother came up to watch the girls so Robert and I could go out after dinner, and the six of them (my folks, the girls, my bro, and Robert) moved around on the course to catch me a couple of times. This was one of those times!

They then made their way to the finish line and played around some.

Here I am approaching the finish line! The picture's blurry because I was going so FAST! (Ha.) I was hoping to run the 3.2 miles in 40 minutes.
I exceeded my goal by more than five minutes!


Me witih two of my biggest fans.
I am pretty proud of myself, and plan to keep the running up!

9 comments:

Miss CanAM said...

Just wanted to say, from one new runner to another- GOOD FOR YOU!!! I ran my first 5K in October- and have just started back up at it again (man life gets in the way!) If you are looking for a program to take you from the 5K to a 10K- One Hour Runner is a great one! Keep it up!

darcie said...

I'm soo proud of you too! that is AWESOME! I wonder if I would even dare to post my time IF I ever decide I can pull off one of these runs...GREAT job!
xoxo

cindy w said...

That is FANTASTIC. And you look awesome. Good for you!

Grandma Lynn said...

Congratulations! A feat to be proud of.
GML

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Congrats!!!!

wonderchris said...

Awesome!!! Great job - that is so exciting! :D

Buck said...

You look awesome! Definitely did a great job!

If they make couch to fridge, I might do it.

Big W said...

Good for you! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, that is a GREAT time!!!!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers