Thursday, October 22, 2009

The 150th Annual Mississippi State Fair

Last weekend, my parents came to town to play with the girls while Robert played in an annual friendly golf tournament (the Halloween Cup) (his team won!), and we took advantage of the nice, cool weather and took the girls to the State Fair.

Upon our arrival around lunch time, we immediately sought out some tasty snacks. Here Emily is shoving some hot dog into her little mouth.
Abby was basically exhausted the whole time we were there but had a blast nevertheless. She's a people watcher, that one.

Next up: pony rides!


Yee haw!
After ponies, the petting zoo!


Then we moved on to the rides. Em got to ride this car by herself.

Then she spotted a roller coaster she wanted to try, so I had the good fortune of getting to ride with her. At first, she thought it was cool.

But she soon became less than thrilled.


Let's just say we were both glad when the ride was over. Next, we went on the LONGEST FERRIS WHEEL RIDE EVER. (We got left at the top for what seemed like FOREVER. Mommy did not appreciate this.)

Abby apparently took the opportunity to practice signaling a touchdown.


I think this is us reaching for the clouds.
Our last little adrenaline rush came care of the giant slide.



Let's just say that I do not plan to go down the giant slide ever again. (I think my exact words upon finishing the experience were, "I need a xanax.")

Then we made our way to the Children's Barnyard, where we freed Abby from the stroller.






Emily tried her hand at (fake) cow-milking.

It was udderly fantastic.
Emily finally got the prize she had been asking for all day: a pink dolphin that she named Emily!


We had a big, big time and are already looking forward to next year, when it will be Dad's turn to accompany Emily on all the rides and slides!

3 comments:

elizabeth.speck said...

Super-cute pictures! You're brave for going on that slide -- liiks like it was er .... thrilling?

cindy w said...

This is awful, but I'm suddenly sort of grateful that my kid is such a chicken about going on rides at the fair. I have no desire to try out the giant slide, um, EVER.

As always, though, great pics. Those girls are adorable.

GML said...

Looks like a fun day! Check out Oct 7, 2008, for the last years trip to the fair. Lots of things have changed, others on the other hand have not...GML

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers