Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The latest

I have a bunch of pictures taken over the last week to post, but it's been a little nuts. Hurricane Gustav forced six adults and four dogs to evacuate to our house on Sunday. They left yesterday afternoon and were, blessedly, spared any real damage from the storm. Emily had an absolute blast playing with all her visiting "friends."

Today is my birthday. I am 31. The unintended consequence of all the evacuees' presence was that we got to have a fun birthday celebration.


Emily has bronchitis and so she's missed the first two days of preschool. I'm hoping she feels better tomorrow so she can go to school. All things considered, she's been pretty sweet this week even though she must feel like a dirtbag.


Abby seems to have caught at least the sniffles from Emily. So has Robert. Here's hoping neither of them gets much worse.


Last Thursday, we got to visit Emily's classroom and meet her teachers. Emily headed straight for the kitchen stuff and played. I think school is going to be so, so awesome, assuming we can get Emily well enough to go!

Abby was a great little sister at Emily's school: she quietly watched her toys and let me meet the teachers and other moms.


I'll try to get some more pictures of our latest adventures up soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! It stinks that Em's been sick, hopefully she'll be feeling well enough to go have fun at preschool (and give you a break!) very soon.

Kimmee said...

Dear Danielle & Robert,
Words cannot express our sincere appreciation for opening your home to us for a few days. We loved visiting with the girls and making the best out of an evacuation situation which could have unlike the joy we felt being with you guys. Happy Birthday and Much Love to you and your family. We love you all. The Flair Family. PS Pictures coming your way.

elizabeth.speck said...

So glad everyone in your family is ok! I'm sure little Emily will be a preschool SUPERSTAR!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers