Thursday, December 20, 2007

18 months!

Today Emily turned 18 months old, and we had our well baby check-up. Everything looked great, and the best news of all was that she has caught up on verbal skills to where she should be, thanks to her ear tubes.

She weighed 28 pounds (90th percentile), measured 33 1/2 inches (95th percentile), and her head remains huge -- at 49.9 cm it is still off the charts. Our doctor suggested that we give up pacifiers cold turkey, so we think Emily's New Year's resolution is going to be to give those dudes up. That should make for a fun couple of days.

We won't go back to visit Dr. Smith, absent any sick baby visits, until Emily is two, which means we may not see him again until baby number two has his/her two-week visit! Crazy!

This week, Emily participated in a toddler rite of passage -- she took a crying picture with Santa. She was totally fine talking to him with me standing right there, but when I put her on his lap, she erupted. Behold the proof.Compare to last year's picture of my little happy elf!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

4 comments:

Lori said...

She is such a cutie. I can't believe how big she is getting. I hope you have a very merry christmas with your family.
Oh - I think that's the coolest looking Santa I've ever seen. :)
Love ya,
Lori

NIKKI said...

AWW love that pic of her on santa! Ours were both screaming last year....but there's hope..they LOVE him this year!

Good luck with the pacifiers...we've waited until now to do it.. They only have them in their beds at night and bedtime, we just haven't wanted to do it! Let me know how it goes. We will be doing it in the next couple of weeks too!

elizabeth.speck said...

Even crying she's still adorable. I can't believe how long I've been reading your blog now ...because I totally remember when you posted the santa pic last year :)! Have a super Merry Christmas!
Love you,
Lizzard

Anonymous said...

I totally love that you did this too! Our last year/this year pics look exactly like this! But I was determined that we would get a picture. So very much fun to keep up with you guys and sweet Emily!

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers