Thursday, August 10, 2006

Emily enters the world: birth to four weeks

We're online, and we've got some catching up to do.

Emily was born almost two months ago. She's an absolute dream come true for Robert and me. Here's a quick photo review of her first four weeks; the next post will have the rest of her story.

This picture is of the excited Mom and Papa, and Alex and Margaret, the night before Emily arrived; we had our "Last Supper" at Shapley's and ran into the Purvises and Margaret, and Mary had her camera:

Here we are right before leaving for the hospital (I have blown my hair dry straight exactly once since then, by the way):

One of the first pictures of the new family, immediately post C-section (I think I was a little loopy at the time):


At the hospital, 2 days old:

Here she is, napping on her first day home:

Mom and Emily on her one week birthday:



Two weeks old:



Three weeks old, and in her swing, which she LOVES (thanks, Grandmother and Gerry!):

Gazing adoringly at her Papa:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! I love all your pictures :)!
-Lizzard

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful!!!!love, Erin Fenger Morgan

Anonymous said...

I think you had quite a successful morning. This is a lovely idea. I had a luncheon her today and this arrived just in time for me to share with all 12 of my closest friends. I know that several are going to get into the blog business themselves. I can't wait to show Pud. All I can say is "Please, may I have some more?". Lynn

NIKKI said...

I am sooo glad you joined the bloggin kiddos world!! :) She is sooo precious and you look GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Pud loves this photo of Emily looking at Robert. He loves the couriosity and intelligence in it. Lynn

Emily

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Abby

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers